Barbel Angler

«1, 2
PostPosted: 23/03/13 13:59 
Happy birthday from me Ray. Only another four years to go and you will be the same age as me :b The sad bit for me is I will be another four years older by then as well :

I wouldn't mind if that was all...but it's a bit mean of you to be a better ruddy fisherman as well....damned youngsters :lol

Cheers, Dave.

PostPosted: 23/03/13 14:33 
Global Moderator
Happy birthday Ray have a good day mate . I'm celebrating mine today but its not till monday . Sore head tomorrow I reckon !!!!

PostPosted: 23/03/13 14:51 
Happy Birthday Ray, hope you have a great day and a few beers tonight :)

PostPosted: 23/03/13 18:51 
Roy is Compo, Micky

PostPosted: 23/03/13 20:20 
Ray Thorpe wrote:
Roy is Compo, Micky

Happy birthday ray.Hope you got lots of garlic spam for your birthday for next season. thumbsup

PostPosted: 28/03/13 17:07 
Thanks for all your Birthday wishes lads I had a great day Thank you. Hope to see you all again on the bank when the new season starts.

Regards Ray Thorpe

PostPosted: 02/04/13 13:27 
Global Moderator
"Roy is Compo, Micky"

I reached the official old git age of 65 years a couple of weeks ago on the 13th March. The celebrations started the Sunday before when my two daughters and their husbands and children (I have three grandsons now!), came round for dinner.

I was summoned into the lounge to open my presents. A jar of paprika, a chorizo sausage, a bottle of Rioja (a bit Spanish methinks), a pair of swimming shorts, a tee shirt and finally a little jigsaw puzzle. I put the jigsaw together and it was a building with a swimming pool outside.

They've only gone and booked a villa in Marbella for all of us for 14 nights in May! What a great present! I was absolutely gobsmacked and so pleased. We've been away together before so we all get on. I can't wait.

Anyway, on my actual birthday, my workmates bought me some presents and the company paid out for meal for 18 of us at the local chinese resaurant which we did last week. In between that, I had another present - a train excursion from Newbury to Canterbury and back hauled by the newly built Tornado steam locomotive.

Back to reality now. I have decided not to retire completely, but reduce my hours to three days a week, so I hope to get more time on the riverbank. Must make up for my dreadful attendance last season.

Cheers

Roy :fishing

PS: Happy Birthday Ray - You look well on it!

PostPosted: 02/04/13 16:55 
micky holtom - owner
Quote:
Happy birthday ray.Hope you got lots of garlic spam for your birthday for next season.

Hi Ken, on special for £1.19 in Tescos at the moment. thumbsup

A belated 65th birthday wish Roy, you must have fooled us with your boylike
looks and blonde hair.

Glad you have reduced your hours may bump into you on the Kennet a bit more often.

Micky

PostPosted: 02/04/13 18:59 
Kingfisher II wrote:
Quote:
Happy birthday ray.Hope you got lots of garlic spam for your birthday for next season.

Hi Ken, on special for £1.19 in Tescos at the moment. thumbsup

A belated 65th birthday wish Roy, you must have fooled us with your boylike
looks and blonde hair.

Glad you have reduced your hours may bump into you on the Kennet a bit more often.

Micky

Which one is Roy ? Belated 65th Birthday wishes Roy xx