Barbel Angler

PostPosted: 16/11/13 20:14 
Global Moderator
Hi everyone . Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on some warm footwear for the winter months . Preferably a Wellington type boot , that wont break the bank .

I really do suffer with cold feet more than anything else.

PostPosted: 17/11/13 15:26 
paul whiteing - admin
It depends how big your budget is. I don't suffer from the cold much but I had a pair of Skeetex Boots for ages which were great, and then I bought a set of new liners. But after that I bought a pair of Muckboot Tay Sports on recommendation, and they are so much better - more comfy, warmer and don't make your feet sweaty (before the sun goes down). But these were around £75 or so.

Coupled with decent socks, one pair for warmth and a longer pair to tuck your trousers in I find best. Wear this combination all day and night and no problem. Sealskinz socks at £20 per pair seemed good, but they are short and probably not worth the money, I have two pairs but don't use them with welly type boots, but as these are waterproof they are good with field boots (the ones I got were budget, ProLogic) and not best waterproof in themselves.

But of course, if you sit and are relatively inactive, your feet will get cold through lack of circulation, so make sure you do walk about a bit.
paul4

PostPosted: 17/11/13 20:27 
Global Moderator
Thanks Paul . I ve heard good reports about the muck boots before, so I might well go down that line .I had a pair of korum neoprene boots before which were quite good but just didn't last . I have tried loads of different types of socks too , but as you say if you sit still for long enough your feet will get cold whhat ever you wear .

I have found some furr lined `derri boots ` which I may give a try with some decent socks .

PostPosted: 18/11/13 01:18 
micky holtom - owner
Nice and cheap Shane.http://www.total-fishing-tackle.com/tf- ... nter-boots

Micky

PostPosted: 18/11/13 06:00 
micky holtom - owner
A bit dearer on ebay...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TF-Gear-NEW-H ... 0834122438

Just noticed free delivery. thumbsup

Micky

PostPosted: 20/11/13 10:59 
Shane, muckboots Tay Sports are superb but not sure you can still get them as the company was sold.

The original company, or so I am told are manufacturing Grubs boots and I am told that the Grubs Snowline boots take some beating. They are certainly very highly praised on the pike fishing forum I frequent.