Barbel Angler

PostPosted: 09/06/12 21:08 
Hi All

In case you've not seen.....
http://www.total-fishing.com/fishing-news/angling-trust-welcomes-new-fishing-superstore-opening-newbury

Ali

PostPosted: 10/06/12 09:05 
Sounds good Alistair. Well worth a look at some point.

PostPosted: 28/06/12 10:31 
Global Moderator
I passed the shop on my way into Newbury this last weekend. It's massive.

I wish them well. I can't see a long term future though, unless they get into mail order and the internet. Before online shopping arrived, Newbury and Thatcham had four tackle shops between them. There wasn't enough business to keep them going. There is now just one. :

I'll stick with Tony at Thatcham Angling and Kev in Tadley for the time being as they've given me great service over the last few years.

Roy

PostPosted: 03/07/12 18:02 
Global Moderator
Popped into the new shop today for a look round, massive shop and well laid out . Picked up some bait i was after ;) and had a chat with one of the staff , a barbel angler whose had some monster fish over the years . He was helpful and passed on a few hints and tips thumbsup

Definitly worth a look round but will stick to my main shop . (nice cup of tea in there :lol )

PostPosted: 17/04/14 08:17 
Global Moderator
It closed down a couple of weeks ago. Shame. Location location location - not on the main road or in the town. I hardly ever went there, what with Tony at Thatcham Angling just round the corner from me.

I know someone who runs a Disco Music supply business (DJ Kit) in the same road. He told me that before he moved into his new premises he enquired about the Experience Fishing shop but the rent and rates were colossal.

Roy

I went there once whilst they were closing down and helped myself to some great half price bargains :)