micky holtom - owner
6 minutes of heaven. thumbsup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBo2YHSV ... Hmdst41u8w

Micky

PostPosted: 10/04/13 15:43 
Looks good micky.

PostPosted: 10/04/13 19:47 
Global Moderator
That looks really good . Just that short clip seems better than the whole of the Mr crabtree series .

Does anyone know what make that landing net head is they were using for the barbel????

PostPosted: 12/04/13 20:08 
Shane Page wrote:
That looks really good . Just that short clip seems better than the whole of the Mr crabtree series .

Does anyone know what make that landing net head is they were using for the barbel????

Hi Shane, I think the landing net is The Dinsmore Large syndicate XT Carp net Hope this helps.

Ray

PostPosted: 23/04/13 20:03 
Global Moderator
Thanks for that Ray . Looked at one of those nets but it was no where near as big. Same shape though. It looks like the same one Martin bowler uses .

I ve just got one of the new korum 30" folding net s . Quite good but not sure how good it d be in really fast water, folds away nice and is very light . I spose time ll tell .

PostPosted: 24/04/13 09:40 
Shane Page wrote:
Thanks for that Ray . Looked at one of those nets but it was no where near as big. Same shape though. It looks like the same one Martin bowler uses .

I ve just got one of the new korum 30" folding net s . Quite good but not sure how good it d be in really fast water, folds away nice and is very light . I spose time ll tell .

Hi Shane, I was interested in that new Korum version, having seen it on the internet....but they always sound good on there, you need to see one in the flesh. It sounds like you have reservations about it's strength now you have got one....so I would guess it feels a bit weak and flimsy to give you those doubts? Have you tried placing a decent weight in the net...a big bottle of coke or a few cans of lager perhaps...anything to test whether the arms would pull together towards the centre when you try to lift a fish out, which is where that type net usually fails?

Just a thought mate.

Cheers, Dave.

PostPosted: 24/04/13 19:50 
Global Moderator
hi Dave there would be no chance of placing FULL can s of Lager in the net , they dont last that long around me :lol

Ive had barbel to 7 lb , carp to 13lb and tench to 5lb in the net and it seems to hold up ok . Not sure how it would fair on a high bank where you would need to pull a good size fish up by the handle . Personally it ll depend on where i m fishing as to which net i take , the latex korum spoon in 30" size is amazingly strong and robust . the whole frame is metal aswell as the spreader block .

to be honest i m a korum tackle tart so had to get the new folding version just to say i had one thumbsup

PostPosted: 09/06/13 21:00 
Shane Page wrote:

Hi Shane I spoke to Stu Walker about that landing net he was useing. It is a Wychwood but they have stopped making them now.

Regards Ray