Barbel Angler

PostPosted: 05/08/14 19:01 
Global Moderator
Just wondering what scales people use . I ve used a set of berkleys for about 5 years . Went to switch em on yesterday and they were dead . I gave the batteries a shuffle and they came back on (new batteries). Just feel a new set coming on .

PostPosted: 05/08/14 20:30 
paul whiteing - admin
Reuben Heaton 9000's
paul4

PostPosted: 06/08/14 05:58 
micky holtom - owner
Flyweight for me. dont have to worry about batteries .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/35061264 ... 108&ff19=0

Good price on ebay.

Micky

PostPosted: 06/08/14 19:14 
Global Moderator
I think I ll go for digi s , had a set of flyweight s before and the were all over the place . When I tested em with set weights they were well out . My berkleys were a once under every time . (Does that mean my latest big fish was 13lb not 12,15 ) . Even tried em in the tackle shop and same again .

PostPosted: 06/08/14 21:33 
Shane, I've been using these for over five years. Had them checked recently and they are still spot on.
http://www.rapala.com/rapala/tools-and- ... cales.html

PostPosted: 10/08/14 12:15 
I use the Flyweights, have done of years now.

Had them tested at a recent Tenchfishers day out and they where an half ounce out a four pounds, an ounce out at eight pounds and one and a half ounces out at twelve pounds. They seem too have a good track record according too those doing the tests. That said, i had a 13.12 from a river one night, it looked so much bigger. About two weeks later i tested my scales against my friend four sets and found my scales where weighing one and a half pounds light............................. arrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!! Bloody thing went straight in the bin!

I have tried a set of Chub digital scales, done my head in totally. They where so inaccurate compared too other scales and they never turned off!

I think you need too get a set that you want and they weigh what they weigh. When i had my big barbel, two bailiffs weighed it at two ounces heavier than my scales n both of their sets, my weight stands as that is the set i use.

PostPosted: 12/08/14 11:50 
Global Moderator
I had my Avon scales checked a few years ago and they were one ounce under agaisnt 10lb. Worked in my favour at the time as it was my first double and the scales registered 9lb 15½oz. The actual weight was therefore 10lb 0½oz. I've checked them on several occasions since with multiple bags of sugar etc and they are still pretty accurate.

Just need to test them on some fish again now! :whistle

Roy