Barbel Angler

PostPosted: 27/03/16 20:17 
Global Moderator
Hi everyone . Just wondering if anyone has any plans for the closed season. I m hoping to get out and do a little tench and bream fishing this year . I did nt fish at all last closed season so looking forward to it .

PostPosted: 27/03/16 22:01 
Hiya Shane,

Anything on the fly....its got me again :fishing . So much so I'm not sure I will even be barbel fishing when the rivers open. We'll see :whistle

Paul

PostPosted: 01/04/16 23:00 
Hi men ,

Search for a water where I can lay my hat . Silly , Iv not felt at home on any lakes for years , I'm always researching . Same with the rivers , Sue has all but given up fishing , one day things might turn in our favour , but Iv got a feeling we might be to old then :lol .
Iv just done my first full days fishing since France last year , blanked , and it's killing me that I can't get back over for 6 months : , given the money I'd hop over as much as possible .

Hatter

PostPosted: 23/04/16 20:15 
Global Moderator
Had my first trip out today since the end of the season. I took Dave to wylies and was surprised that he d never Fished it before.
The wind was cold and conditions weren't the best .
We Fished for the best part of 7 hours before we both said we d had enough. Then just as I was about to lift the rods in my left hand bobbin pulled up and the alarm screamed . I was in to a fish .

After a short battle where it tried to snag me up I landed a cracking tench of 6lb 9oz. She had some war wounds but lovely all the same . We stayed on for another hour or so bit no more bites .

Thanks Dave for the company and the photo.

PostPosted: 25/04/16 16:16 
micky holtom - owner
Great photo Shane, I must admit I wont be lake fishing until the weather warms up a bit.

Micky

PostPosted: 29/04/16 19:20 
another crack at it tomorrow see if I can catch my first tench from there mate