Barbel Angler

PostPosted: 09/08/14 18:22 
Global Moderator
Just seen on face book that some one s claiming to of had a 24lb barbel . The picture is very poor although you can see it s a big fish .

Anyone know any more facts ????

PostPosted: 09/08/14 19:32 
Hi men,

Looks big , but why do all theses reported big fish have only one poor photo , especially as he is fishing for it ???. Iv been congratulated on a few of my pics by a highly regarded pro , knowing that they are poor quality for a pro , but good quality for an iPhone , the lad is silly , good pics are easy .

Hatter

PostPosted: 09/08/14 19:43 
Global Moderator
Very true Mark . Plus if you ve caught a fish of that size you d get someone to come and do the honours . I ve got friends that would be there in a flash , even if I called em in the middle of the night . A good mate of mine who s sadly no longer with us caught a 17,2 kennet fish about 10 years ago . He only had his phone to take a picture on . Possibly a kennet record then . He was well gutted . After that he bought a barbel tunnel to retain any thing else he caught . Sadley he never had anything else of that size again .

PostPosted: 10/08/14 00:48 
It's a nice fish, but isn't 24lb. He's obviously made a mistake and probably will regret it, which is a shame.

PostPosted: 10/08/14 12:20 
I think it has been claimed as a wind up chaps although i could be wrong.

Shame as it is obviously a very decent fish, it will only make it harder for real record breaking fish too be accepted in the future.