Barbel Angler

«1, 2
PostPosted: 31/01/12 00:28 
Thanks for that Tom, those prices are certainly better Image I haven't really got too far into my bird books, but I note that they are saying mixed seed is wasteful and specific feed for different birds in multiple feeders is best. I guess the birds understand this and don't waste expensive seed sampling all that is on offer each time Image

Looking at some of the prices I have seen so far for rather 'why bother' sized bird tables, I may get down and dirty and make my own. That way I will have a splendid table that falls over every time a bird lands on it, disintegrates in 6 months and only costs twice as much as a shop bought one when I add up the material costs....providing you disregard the surgeons fees for sewing my finger back on Image

Incidentally Tom, without embarrassing me by telling the others Image how the 'ell do you  read the full message on here when you receive a PM, let alone answer the bloomin thing....Lord knows I tried  Image

I did discover how to use the smilies though Image ...........what am I like?

Cheers, Dave.

PostPosted: 31/01/12 00:43 
Hi Roy,

Thanks for your reply. I have no idea why my (quite large) feeder is being emptied each week while yours remain almost untouched. The birds emptying mine are various varieties of tits and finches, plus the odd robin and sparrow like birds I have yet to identify. The carpet of  seeds below that the messy devils drop and throw out while searching for their preferred morsels are cleaned up by wood pigeons and other odds and sods. I have hardly seen a sparrow in my garden for what seems years....though I do see hoards of them on my holidays in places like America, Egypt, Turkey...you name it, it seems like anywhere that is hot. I don't blame them for going on holiday....but they could pop home now and then Image

Cheers, Dave

PostPosted: 31/01/12 19:20 
Hi Dave, i don't have a clue, Paul Whitting is your man, he is great at this stuff.

PostPosted: 31/01/12 23:06 
That's the problem Tom....the PM I am on about was from Paul.....and I can't figure out how to view the whole of the message, let alone answer it Image  Not a lot of point me trying to send him a PM asking how to read his previous reply, 'cos chances are I won't be able to read that answer either Image  

Why couldn't I have been born with a brain Image

I shall just have to wait for Paul to appear out of the ether with a 'morons guide to using the forum' in his hand for me Image

Thanks anyway mate,

Dave.

PostPosted: 06/02/12 17:24 
Hello All,

I have been quite ill since before christmas and ended in hospital over the weekend ?

One of the joys of coming home was the sight of hundreds and I mean hundreds of Redwings all over my gargen and the local gardens.

They have stripped every berry off the Holly Tree, so not many birds visting, but a wonderful sight, our smallest Thrush I was told ?

Bob

PostPosted: 06/02/12 17:53 
micky holtom - owner
Get well soon Bob, Im glad the birds in your garden give you so much pleasure.

Ive got a couple of Jays that are eating all the food .They only turn up at the bird
table when the weather is severe.

Micky

PostPosted: 19/01/13 10:52 
micky holtom - owner
Its that time of the year again.

Birdwatch is next weekend 26th -27 of Jan. http://www.rspb.org.uk/birdwatch/?gclid ... tAodkSwAmQ

Micky

PostPosted: 26/01/13 08:38 
micky holtom - owner
Dont forget its Birdwatch this weekend.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/birdwatch/?gclid ... tAodkSwAmQ

Micky

PostPosted: 26/01/13 10:23 
micky holtom - owner
Live birdwatch http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/21059915

Micky